MHM - Fifty-Two 80
MHM - Fifty-Two 80
This deluxe pack is built for your longer multi-day adventures/travel or just carrying a heap of gear.
The new 2013 version of this big boy got a facelift and it will have you saying “hey… I like the way you’re put together!” This deluxe pack is built for your longer multi-day adventures/travel or just carrying a heap of gear. The sYnc A.C.™ suspension coupled with the VariCant™ hipbelt will give you a customized fit and keep your back happy under heavy loads. A large J-zip pocket in the front of the pack for extra storage is just 1 of the 12 pockets on this pack that makes stashing and organizing your gear a breeze. Like the Divide, the Fifty-Two 80 has Dual #10 YKK zippers on each side of the pack that extend up through the roll-top so the entire pack can be opened flat into a ground mat. The pack has deployable/removable straps and tool loops so it maintains all the technical features you need for demanding outings. However, all the straps tuck away neatly when not being used so your pack doesn’t look like an octopus with all the hangy do-dads and straps. Whether you're traveling across Europe, thru-hiking the Continental Divide trail or mountaineering, the Fifty-Two 80 can handle anything this planet can throw at it while looking oh so good.
- sYnc A.C.™ suspension
- air channeled mesh backpanel
- Slide n' lock adjustable harness
- VariCant™ dualpivoting/fully adjustable hipbelt
- large J-zip front pocket with internal mesh divider
- large external stretch/stuff pocket
- Backhugger ICS™
- QuickStuff Pack Sack ™ (built in fully waterproof stuff sack)
- roll-top enclosure under top lid
- hydration reservoir compatible
- top and dual side panel access (2 panel zippers allow pack to be opened up completely flat)
- dual-access zippered top lid
- detachable top lid converts into a small day pack
- water-resistant clear coated mesh "dry pocket" inside top lid
- external compression straps
- 12 pockets + main compartment
- deployable hydration holster on hipbelt
- adjustable and deployable ice axe/trekking pole loops
- deployable bottom straps
- Volume: 80 liters
- Weight: 6lbs / 5.5lbs*
- Fits Torso: 16-24 in.
- Fits Waist: 29-40in.
- Number of Stays: 2
- Main Pack fabric: 315 denier ripstop Invista CORDURA® Plus, Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR.
- Bottom Fabric: 840 denier Invista CORDURA® HD, Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR.
- Shroud Fabric: 100 denier seam taped Nylon 6.6, 80g PU/DWR.
- POP color: 210 denier mini diamond, Nylon 6.0, 40g PU/DWR.
- Frame Material: 3mm x 20mm & 3mm x 25mm 6061 tempered aluminum stays and 1.5mm HDPE framesheet
- *weight of pack with all removable features removed (top lid, straps and hydration holster)
About the Brand:
Feeling the warmth of the sun on your face, blue-sky overhead, the earth under your feet and always wondering what is in store around that next bend in the trail. It's that enjoyment, curiosity and wonder that keeps you pushing down the trail and life is no different. Through the ups and downs you never know where you will end up but you keep pushing ahead taking in everything life has to offer. Growing up in the mountains of Colorado, my best friends and I spent most of our lives together in the outdoors. Our summers were consumed by hiking, camping and fishing and we devoted our time to snowboarding in the winter. This lifestyle was very familiar and comfortable to us, but in 2009 -at 22 years old- we were nearing the end of our path in college surrounded by uncertainty. We had no idea where our trail would lead once we set foot into the "real world". Jobs for college grads were few and far between due to the poor economy and the idea of taking a traditional "white-collar" path after college terrified the both of us.
A few months after graduating college, we forged our own path and decided to start a new brand of backpacks. Our never-ending love for the outdoors and refusal to settle led to the birth of MHM. This passion is carried directly into the quality and innovation of the packs we make. Why did we choose backpacks? Well we believe that backpacks are one of the single most important items people use. Whether you are trekking through the woods or going to work and school, people need an efficient way to carry their belongings without having to balance it on their heads or strain their backs.
The term "corporate" does not apply to us and it never will. We are a couple of guys, just like you, who love being outside doing what we love. Spending time on the trail and talking to people directly about what they want in a backpack is what inspires our designs. Our packs do not follow a traditional path either as they bring a new and fresh perspective to the pack world. Using only the best fabrics and an over-obsessive attention to detail has produced what we believe to be the best packs out there. The quality, unique features and compartmentalized design are like nothing else. We truly hope you enjoy using our packs as much as we've enjoyed designing them for you. When hiking in the backcountry it's all about the little things so remember "we've got your back" no matter where your path leads. Hope to see you out there!