Heimplanet - "Mavericks"
Heimplanet - "Mavericks"
The inflatable tent "MAVERICKS" by HEIMPLANET is a real fortress. Made to withstand wind forces up to 180 mk/h this special event/expedition tent was especially designed for Red Bull's Event Storm Chase. Because of its outstandingly easy and intuitive handling "MAVERICKS" is the optimal companion for spoecial events or expeditions.
The inflatable tent "MAVERICKS" by HEIMPLANET is a real fortress. M
ade to withstand wind forces up to 180 mk/h this special event/expedition tent was especially designed for Red Bull's Event Storm Chase. Because of its outstandingly easy and intuitive handling "MAVERICKS" is the optimal companion for spoecial events or expeditions. Assembling of parts is unnecessary. Fly sheet and the inflateble frame (IDG) work as a union and enable a very quick and uncomplicated set-up (inflation): just unpack it and inflate it - welcome home!
- Intuitive and extremely fast pitching of the tent just 2 inflations (just roll out, inflate, finished).
- Simultaneous erection of air frame and tent skin.
- Can be erected by one single person in about 9 minutes - or by 2 persons in 4 minutes (and so forth).
- The geodesic air frame is extremely stable and robust in every wind and weather - designed for wind speeds up to 180 km/h.
- Double layer air struts.
- The patented Multi Chamber Safety System allows separation of the air frame in ten independent air chambers – for emergency stability in case of defect of one chamber.
- Five partly openable windows and five completely openable doors offer maximum flexibility.
- Windows and doors can be opened variably by 2-way zippers to ensure sufficient air exchange and a good climate inside the tent.
- Offers Space for up to 10 persons to sleep with equipment or a whole lot of things.
IncludedTent incl. air frame, tent skin and carry bagSize
Sleeping place for 10 persons or a whole lot of equipment.
Inner Diameter: 410 cm (13 feet, 5 inches)
Ground area: 13.2 sqm (142 square feet)
Overall height: 234 cm (7 feet, 8 inches)
Internal height: 200 cm (6 feet, 7 inches)
Pack size 80 x 50 x 50 cm (31 x 20 x 20 inch)
Air Frame: recyclable material
Outer layer: extra stiff and resistant High Tenacity Polyester
Inner layer: flexible Thermoplastic Polyurethane
Fly Sheet: 100% High Tenacity Polyester Ripstop, PU 5.000 mm
Ground Sheet: 100% Nylon Tafetta, PU 7.000 mm
Weight25 kg (11.5 lbs)Delivery Timeupon request
About the Brand:
Two years ago (2008), Stefan and I decided to start our own business. Two days later we agreed to do some research on tents. We had just remembered an idea we talked about in 2003 during a surf trip in Portugal, while camping on the beach. We were exited about the idea but we wanted to keep our involvement low – wanted to treat our idea as some kind of a side project – it was not the last time, something turned out to work a lot differently.
After days of researching, drawing, brainstorming, and discussing, we identified different ideas and concepts we wanted to put to a reality check. Some turned out to be way too expensive, some just impossible to realize and others not reasonable enough to make a real difference to already existing products. After a very frustrating day of research there was just no idea left, none of them seamed to work. The project seemed to have reached its end before it actually started. One month of work for nothing? I called Stefan that day and presented the frustrating results, but he reacted very calm:
“Just relax, have a beer or two, we will find something that works.”
And we did. Thinking of all the ideas that failed worked like an idea blender. It was that night our idea of an inflatable tent started to appear and bornintents was born.
Now, 23 months later we past a lot of these difficult stages and we hope we learned something from every single one of them. One lesson we learned for sure: Never give up, there is always a solution and someone who knows it, sometimes you just have to travel further.
We now entered the final phase of our product development process. Stefan just arrived in China. He and our designers will now take care of the final steps.
Thank you all for your great support and helping us grow, we really appreciate it.